The vision of the Ziauddin College of Education is to build human capital utilizing human potential and capabilities for building society and the nation at large.
The Ziauddin College of Education will be a national leader in
a) improving scholarship of teaching and learning; and
b) providing leadership in service and outreach, through engaging schools to organize communities of practice for teachers and strengthen school development programs.
- Help to prepare teachers recognized for the quality and significance of their teaching, research, scholarship, service, outreach, and leadership.
- Enhance the commitment of faculty, staff, and students for promoting diversity, social justice, and democratic citizenship.
- Provide leadership in the development of collaborative, professional relationships with schools, organizations, and other institutions focused on the improvement of education in schools, communities, and workplace settings.
- Enhance the effective and efficient management of the College and its programmes.
- Build a community of practice for life- long learning
Governance and Structure
The College of Education is part of the Faculty of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences (FLAHS). The Principal in consultation with the Dean (FLAHS) makes all independent decisions pertaining to the academics, budget, staffing, and other administrative matters. The College of Education has a Board of Studies, chaired by the Principal and comprising both internal and external members. All COE programs, after approval by the Board of Studies, are presented to the Academic Council of Ziauddin University for endorsement.